It is a very simple equation in business, if you don’t innovate, in the long term you will die.
Unfortunately the process of developing an innovation, and making it a success in the market, is nowhere near as simple.
To navigate this complex process takes a special kind of person.
They are not fond of the status quo, and are willing to put themselves 100% behind a concept that is never guaranteed to take off.
INNOVATE OR DIE is dedicated to those people.
It aims to inspire future innovators by offering insights into innovative brands from the people who are building them.
Who am I?
I’m Chris Maloney and I am a marketing, digital and innovation specialist, speaker and blogger based in Sydney, Australia.
I am currently employed as the Head of Digital for Moët Hennessy Australia (LVMH), – home to the world’s finest Champagne, wine and spirits brands including Moët & Chandon, Veuve Clicquot, Ruinart, Krug, Dom Perignon, Cape Mentelle, Cloudy Bay, Belvedere, Ardberg, Glenmorangie, Hennessy and more.
Visit my Linked In profile.
- Master of Business in International Marketing – University of Technology, Sydney 2008
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Marketing & Accounting) – Macquarie University 2003
- ADMA Australian Young Direct Marketer of the Year 2008
- ADMA NSW Young Direct Marketer of the Year 2008
- B&T Marketing Team of the Year 2008
- Macquarie University Alumni Award for Distinguished Service to the Marketing Industry 2009
- B&T Marketing Team of the Year 2009 – Finalist
- IAB Australia Award for Direct Response and Lead Generation 2009
- Asian Banker Excellence in Retail Financial Services Award Best Brand Building Initiative 2009
- Australian Effie Awards 2009 Consumer Services – Finalist
- Australian Effie Awards 2009 Return on Investment – Finalist
- Australian Mortgage Awards 2009 Best Industry Advertising Campaign – Finalist
- IAB Australia Award 2010 – Brand Awareness and Positioning – Finalist
- IAB Australia Award 2010 – Direct Response and Lead Generation – Finalist
- Media Federation of Australia Award 2010 – Finance/Insurance/Government/Corporate & Real Estate
- Media Federation of Australia Award 2010 – Best Demonstration of Results
- Media Federation of Australia Award 2010 – Best Media Innovation – Finalist
- Australia Effie Awards 2010 Gold Effie Award – Consumer Services – Home Loans Online Marketing Program 2010
- Festival of Media Global 2011 – Best Communications Strategy – Finalist
- Festival of Media Global 2011 – Best Use of Emerging Technology – Finalist
- Australia Effie Awards 2011 Gold Effie Award – Multicultural – The Chinese New Year Term Deposit Bonanza
- B&T 30 under 30 2011
- B&T Young Achiever of the Year 2011
- Wine Communicators of Australia 2013 – Best Wine Website / App
- Australian Drinks Awards 2014 – Best Presence in Social Media – Drambuie
- Australian Creativity & Effectiveness Awards 2015 – Best E-Commerce Website – Finalist – Moët Hennessy Collection
- mUmbrella, B&T Awards and B&T 30 under 30 Judge (2014-2016)
- Member of ADMA Expert Group for Acquisition and Lead Generation (2012-2014)
- Founding member of ADMA Multi-Channel Acquisition Council Executive Committee (2009-2011)
- Co-Author of ADMA Multi-Channel Acquisition Council 2010 White Paper: The Line Doesn’t Exist. An Overview of Above-The-Line Media becoming direct.
- Thought leadership articles published in B&T, Direct Marketing International, Australia Post Magazine, and ADMA Update.
- Tasmanian Tourism Conference 2017 – Innovators & Entrepreneurs – Launceston 12 May 2016
- Online Retailer Conference Australia 2014 – The Road to Responsive – Hordern Pavilion – 22 July 2014
- Customer Show Australia 2014 – E-Commerce Panel – Melbourne Convention Centre – 14 May 2014
- Young Bloods NSW Innovate Don’t Wait – The 16% Rule – MediaBrands Surry Hills – 25 March 2014
- Customer Show Australia 2011 – The 16% rule – Analysing customer behaviour to accelerate diffusion of innovation using scarcity and social proof – Marriot Sydney
- ADMA Forum 2011 – The 16% rule – Analysing customer behaviour to accelerate diffusion of innovation using scarcity and social proof – Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre 18 August 2011
- ADMA Multi-Channel Acquisition Council Keynote – Optus Auditorium, Sydney, NSW 13 July 2009
- ADMA Multi-Channel Acquisition Council Keynote – Telstra Auditorium, Sydney, NSW 18 June 2009
- ADMA Multi-Channel Acquisition Council Keynote – Michael Page, Sydney, NSW 4 June 2009
- ADMA WA State Luncheon Keynote w/ Dylan Taylor – Parmelia Hilton Perth, WA 29 May 2009
2009 Macquarie University Alumni Awards
Alongside professors, doctors and Australian sporting icons, I was humbled to accept a Macquarie University Alumni Award for Distinguised Service to the Marketing Industry. Thanks for igniting the passion Club Mac!
2009 IAB Awards Night
In 2008, working with our panel of agencies we developed the first digital marketing strategy for Commonwealth Bank Home Loans. Just 12 months later with New Dialogue we took out the 2009 IAB Award for Direct Response and Lead Generation. Here are the photos of accepting the award with Ellie Rogers, Digital Director, New Dialogue.
2009 Australia Post Priority Magazine ‘In The Driving Seat’ Article
Richard Whitbread photo shoot for a recent Australia Post Priority Magazine ‘In The Driving Seat’ Article.
2009 UTS Masters Graduation
After 3 years of late nights and weekend work, in March 2009 I graduated from University of Technology Sydney with a Masters of Business in International Marketing.
2008 ADMA Awards Night
It was an incredible vote of confidence that the 2008 ADMA Young Direct Marketer of the Year was from Commonwealth Bank, and the Direct Marketer of the Year was Dylan Taylor from Commonwealth Bank’s direct agency, BMF.